Hudson, Florida (December 7, 2016) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received an invitation to participate in the “2016 Donate Life Rose Parade Float Hospital CEO
Rose Dedications.” Only a select group of hospitals in the area have been asked to have their CEOs prepare a handwritten message honoring the patients and families who, with the
support of hospital staff, have saved and healed lives through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation.
The American Hospital Association has joined with the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations and the Eye Bank Association of America to offer this inspirational tribute to the donors of tissues and organs.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point CEO Shayne George has handwritten the following message: “In honor of our life saving staff and in memory of those who gave.
For over a dozen years, organizations nationwide have collaborated to enter the Donate Life float in the Rose Parade. Originally envisioned by a lung recipient who wished to thank organ, eye and tissue donors for their gifts of life, the Donate Life Rose Parade float has grown into a national tradition featuring dozens of participants each year.
One of the trademarks of the annual Donate Life float is a “dedication garden” filled with thousands of roses, each placed in a vial carrying a unique, personal message from an individual, family, or organization. In appreciation of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s support of organ, eye and tissue donation, the hospital’s CEO was given this exceptional opportunity.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke – The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.
Debbie Dawson, Realtor | 727-709-9541 | www.YourHomeTampaBay.com | RE/MAX Champions, Trinity, Florida 34655